Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lots to catch up on...

So portfolios are due in like a day and I'm doing ok but I hope to get a lot more done by then or at least show that I'm working on something (and am not a waste of time and space -_-; )

I can't really show the steps of how I'm making this little glass thing in blender with pictures so I'm just going to write about it here to try and show how difficult it is for me to figure out on my own (-_-) ugh....

Well I decided a martini glass would be fairly simple to figure out so I started with that in mind. I simply placed a mesh cone upside down on a mesh rectangle and "extruded" (pulled the material) at the bottom of the rectangle down into a base. That was the easy part. I then had to figure out how to make the shape see through and shiny like real glass. Through mostly testing what buttons and settings do what, I learned how to change the transparency and mirror to fit what I was looking for. This took much longer because the lighting was hard to move to a spot that would really show off the glint of glass. I think more things in the background will help. I just added part of a glass box around the glass to show the effects more efficiently. I am currently working on making a little umbrella and testing the liquid simulation for some more practice :)

In other news my grandmother is getting crazier and crazier each day and it's really starting to get to me... But I'm sure I'll be fine :) something like this had to happen sometime... as sad as it is...

So all in all I'm working hard and learning what I need but also what I really want to learn. Oh walden where would I be without you? Dying in public school ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment