Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Time management and energy use

Time management was never a thing I was good at. I found out recently that it may have to do with my depression as "losing track of time" or having a "broken internal clock" are symptoms of it. I guess I'm not entirely surprised that it is a depression issue but I hadn't ever thought about it having a cause other than my own absentmindedness. I've always had a terrible sense of the passage of time and how long I've spent doing things. I still have trouble figuring out how long something has been going or how long I've been doing something when I can't watch a clock.

Recently with school and my new job I've had so little time or energy to do things and it's frustrating. I wish I could give more to the projects I'm working on but the hours I have at home to do so are now used to sleep and detox from school and work. I want to draw and work on my own things but I either don't have the hours to devote to it or I don't have the energy to put into it.

I really hope I can switch from full time to part time because I need this to change a bit. I'm spending more time away from my home than I'm spending in it and when I am home it's to sleep, eat, and cram in homework.

I could probably work with this but I'm worried that my grades will suffer as I have less time to put into school with this job being so time absorbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment