Saturday, February 18, 2017

New job? And a college rant!

I had an interview after class yesterday but I'm not sure if the job is going to work... When I was talking to the people over email they wanted me to work certain hours and in another city but instead I'm working much fewer hours and in a different place? I'm not sure if  this will work because it's really not what we talked about and I will probably need real hours.

The college rant! This isn't a really huge rant just a short, not very upset one. I'm in a drawing class currently. It's the second class in the set of drawing classes. This class is important to me and what I want to do with my career. This being said, there is something else wildly different this semester than the previous class I was in. This class has a group of high school students in it. For the most part these kids are fine and don't cause much of a fuss but they are so very obviously high school students. They are too shy to talk during class at times but will idly chat constantly to each other and occasional I have to ignore a conversation or two that even I find childish (this is saying something). I'm not that upset or ranting heavily because they mean well and for the most part they behave. The problem I have is that the teacher of this class seems to be slowing us all down to keep pace with them. I did not pay that much money to be slowed down by high school kids who are there for free. I know that might seem mean and I'm not that much older but this is really important and I really don't want to go back to the high school atmosphere and I can't afford to waste time in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment