Saturday, March 4, 2017

In odd places.

My friends are all in odd places, whether it is in the physical, mental, or emotional sense. For instance my friends from high school who I still am in contact with tell me about all of the craziness of their lives and while I like being an ear for them to complain to I really wish I could help them more. I'm very broke and that's not a secret nor will I pretend that it's not true. This means I can't help them in any financial situations. In my attempts to make any sort of a living I give a great deal of my time to work, school, and my family with the occasional side art commissions when I think I have time to do them. This means I don't have a lot of time to give them physically and this is compounded by the fact they don't all live in close proximity. Mentally and emotionally I'm not very stable and that means I am only helpful to them in these ways when I'm capable of it and that isn't always.

I try to be a good friend to those who stay with me and be a good girlfriend to Tae. I'm sure my friends would say I'm a good friend and Tae seems to think I'm a good girlfriend but I, myself, struggle with not doing enough for these amazing people in my life. My friends and family are really fantastic, supportive, and loving. I don't know where I would be without them and I hope they know how much I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment